Subject: bug#46583: 28.0.50; nested minibuffers

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 23:03:45 -0500

I save a file that is read-only, so I am asked

  File phones is write-protected; try to save anyway? (yes or no) 

Then I type C-x b and it tries to read a buffer name.

But enable-recursive-minibuffers is nil!

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.32, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-12-08 built on freetop
Repository revision: 0155bd0fdb166c97a2ce76cc5bc64fd195a676d3
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Etiona (9.0)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gnutls=ifavailable 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Mail

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug novice quail help-mode shr kinsoku svg xml dom
mule-util epa-mail shell pcomplete thingatpt files-x grep compile
comint ansi-color ring rmailsum dabbrev qp misearch multi-isearch
mailalias sendmail rmailkwd rmailout rmailmm message rmc puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux view derived paren cus-start
cus-load advice finder-inf package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 468665 79574)
 (symbols 48 23339 4)
 (strings 32 95476 13396)
 (string-bytes 1 2287671)
 (vectors 16 30546)
 (vector-slots 8 1438917 257443)
 (floats 8 55 269)
 (intervals 56 85633 1433)
 (buffers 984 53))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)