Subject: Re: bug#46583: 28.0.50; nested minibuffers

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 22:20:01 +0200

>> Let-binding enable-recursive-minibuffers temporarily to t was necessary
>> to fix bug#17272/bug#19064.
>> 
>> So when the minibuffer is already activated, and a minibuffer command
>> wants to ask a question, displaying another recursive minibuffer with
>> such question should override the value of enable-recursive-minibuffers.
>
> Those bugs are about an echo-area message overwriting the minibuffer
> prompt, are they not?  If so, doesn't the set-message-function feature
> we now have fixed those bugs indirectly, this removing the need for
> let-binding enable-recursive-minibuffers?

This problem is not fixed by set-message-function that only improves
messaging.  The problem was reported by João in the same bug report
https://debbugs.gnu.org/17272#114

Emacs -Q
M-x fido-mode
C-x b
C-k ;; to kill the Messages buffer

This affects yes-or-no-p that C-k needs to use from the minibuffer
in fido-mode.