Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Activate system when switching generations.

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 13:35:46 +0100

Hello,

As reported on previous bug report, rolling-back or switching generation
doesn't activate the system as a system reconfiguration would do.  This is
especially problematic when modifying in /run/setuid-programs, as it can't be
reverted easily.  Also it hinder modification in the activation script since
it's not straight forward to revert change made by those script without a
functional roll-back mechanism.

I'm not sure it's the right approach but at least it work: it add the
activate.scm script to the system profile and then load it when
switching-generation.

This is related to issues:
- #37596 and #38884 (they are duplicate)
- #36855 a more wider discussion

Cheers,
- Brice

Brice Waegeneire (2):
  gnu: services: Add activate script to the profile system directory.
  scripts: system: Activate system when switching generations.

 gnu/services.scm        | 10 +++++++++-
 guix/scripts/system.scm |  8 ++++++--
 2 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.1