Subject: bug#46553: 27.1; image-rotate is canceled by image-auto-resize

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 18:36:21 +0900

An image rotation done by the command image-rotate is canceled when
the window size is changed and the image is rescaled.

Example:
C-x C-f /emacs-27.1-x86_64/x86_64/share/emacs/27.1/etc/images/splash.png RET
C-x 2
C-x 2 ;; make window shorter than the image
r ;; image-rotate
C-x 1 :: make window larger
  ;; then image rotation is canceled.
r ;; image-rotate
C-x 2 ;; make window shorter than the image
  ;; then image rotation is canceled.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2020-08-22 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 86d8d76aa36037184db0b2897c434cdaab1a9ae8
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18363
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.1909.18363.1379)

Recent messages:

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(gnutls network-stream nsm mailalias smtpmail auth-source eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs json map rect wid-edit descr-text
mule-util cl-extra help-fns radix-tree misearch multi-isearch pp shadow
sort emacsbug sendmail mail-extr message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader cl-seq image-mode exif
term/bobcat help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs cl-lib japan-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 71078 22124)
 (symbols 48 20153 12)
 (strings 32 80153 2121)
 (string-bytes 1 1912275)
 (vectors 16 17692)
 (vector-slots 8 997783 100228)
 (floats 8 49 310)
 (intervals 56 843 7)
 (buffers 1000 24))