Subject: bug#46534: Lexical change in bindat breaks weechat.el

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 11:09:53 -0500

>> [ Hi Kim, long time no see.
>>    I'd appreciate your opinion on this issue with bindat.el.  ]
> Indeed, it's been a while since I wrote that code :-)

As you can see, it's still alive and kicking.

> Your change seems to be the simplest way to solve the "not last field"
> issue with "eval".

Thanks for confirming.

> BTW, the following line seems wrong:
>
> ;;    (length       u16r)  ;; little endian order
>
> Since the C struct specifies "unsigned long", it should be u32r rather
> than u16r.

Good catch.

> Also the C code samples should use uint8_t uint16_t and uint32_t
>  for clarity.

Oh, yes, thanks,

        Stefan