Subject: bug#487 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#465: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
465: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=465
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Sat Aug  2 12:08:23 2008
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 15:08:30 -0400

I've checked in a fix for this (verified by Ken Manheimer via private
email).  This fix is in pgg-gpg.el, which I think was calling
accept-process-output in a slightly incorrect way.

>From [email-masked] Thu Jun 26 09:37:06 2008
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: "ken manheimer" <[email-masked]>
Cc: emacs-devel <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
        "Thien-Thi Nguyen" <[email-masked]>,
        "Stefan Monnier" <[email-masked]>,
        "Daiki Ueno" <[email-masked]>, "Sascha Wilde" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:32:05 -0400

> i am not sure how to proceed with this problem.  as demonstrated by
> the pggprob.el script, i consistently get encryption and decryption
> problems without the contrived delay in my pgg-gpg-process-region
> patch.  (the problem does not happen if i just do a regular
> pgg-decrypt - i think the crucial thing is that a symmetric passphrase
> is being passed into pgg-gpg-process-region.)

Here's one suggestion, though I don't know how useful it is: if it's
possible to run the same or similar version of pgg in Emacs 22, you
could and see if it appears there.  If not, we could narrow the problem
down to a change in Emacs' process code during Emacs 23 (though OTOH I
don't know of any that could lead to this).