Subject: Re: bug#46495: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Build fails for 32bit --with-wide-int

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 21:51:19 +0000

On Tue 16 Feb 2021, Andrea Corallo via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" wrote:

> Andy could you point out the two libgccjit versions you used specifying
> wich one was used in the successfull / failed experiment?

It seems they both now fail (and I have lost the build log from the
successful experiment, so I don't have a note of the commit used).

mingw.org (i686-w64-mingw32)
----------------------------
I retried the mingw.org build configured with "--with-nativecomp
--with-wide-int" (starting from "git clean -xdf"), and that now fails
at commit 31416495ad9b2c84473f72ad99e2adc87dd66e5a.

My mingw.org installation has libgccjit packages:
  libgccjit-9.2.0-2-mingw32-dev.tar.xz
  libgccjit-9.2.0-2-mingw32-dll-0.tar.xz
  libgccjit-9.2.0-2-mingw32-info.tar.xz

These were obtained from a link on the ticket at:
  https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/ticket/41070

That was part of the work done after Eli requested libjcc support.

MSYS2 (i686-w64-mingw32)
------------------------
Running "pacman -Qs gccjit" shows:

local/mingw-w64-i686-libgccjit 10.2.0-6 (mingw-w64-i686-toolchain)
    GNU Compiler Collection (libgccjit) for MinGW-w64
local/mingw-w64-x86_64-libgccjit 10.2.0-6 (mingw-w64-x86_64-toolchain)
    GNU Compiler Collection (libgccjit) for MinGW-w64

As noted in an earlier message upthread, the MSYS2 developers have
stopped support for the 32bit builds.

   AndyM