Subject: Re: bug#46495: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Build fails for 32bit --with-wide-int

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:01:21 +0200

> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 16:30:46 +0000
> 
> I did some GCC debugging (the crash is there) using my reduced
> reproducer and clearly look (for my case at least) this is a libgccjit
> bug that we trigger only generating code for 32bit wide-int.

So GCC 10 has a bug when it generates code which manipulates 64-bit
integers, is that what you are saying?

> GCC trunk is broken but as you've anticipated 9 is working (just
> finished an Emacs bootstrap).

Thanks, this is good to know.  I think we should add an entry to
etc/PROBLEMS about this.

Does the buggy behavior of GCC 10 happen regardless of optimization
level?

> This evening I'll open a bug on the GCC bugzilla and link it here.
> Would be nice to fix it before the end of stage4... :/

Thanks.