Subject: bug#46495: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Build fails for 32bit --with-wide-int

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 16:30:46 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>>         [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 09:34:49 +0000
>> 
>> Andy could you point out the two libgccjit versions you used specifying
>> wich one was used in the successfull / failed experiment?
>
> Right, this is another potential reason for the difference.  AFAIK,
> MinGW64 uses GCC 10.x, whereas mingw.org uses 9.2.

Hi Eli,

I did some GCC debugging (the crash is there) using my reduced
reproducer and clearly look (for my case at least) this is a libgccjit
bug that we trigger only generating code for 32bit wide-int.

GCC trunk is broken but as you've anticipated 9 is working (just
finished an Emacs bootstrap).

This evening I'll open a bug on the GCC bugzilla and link it here.
Would be nice to fix it before the end of stage4... :/

Regards

  Andrea