Subject: Re: bug#46495: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Build fails for 32bit --with-wide-int

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 07:07:53 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 19:43:17 +0000
>> 
>> > So with these 3 files in that directory, which one will be loaded by
>> > Emacs, and how will Emacs know which to load?
>> 
>> Emacs will scan and hash the source file and load the correct one if
>> present.
>
> And if the source file isn't available?

No eln will be loaded.

> In any case, AFAIU I can safely delete the 2 older *.eln files because
> they will never be used, right?

Correct, unless you have another binary that is using one of these eln
as preloaded, indeed this should not be the case as comp.el is not
preloaded.

  Andrea