Subject: bug#46495: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Build fails for 32bit --with-wide-int

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:53:29 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:24:07 +0000
>> 
>> > One question I have, that perhaps will be answered by the enhanced doc
>> > strings, is this: how to run a batch compilation of a non-preloaded
>> > file such that no subprocesses at all are used?
>> 
>> ATM there's no way.  The idea is that we typically don't want to run in
>> the same process as libgccjit leaks memory (and contribute to memory
>> fragmentation).  We do it only for
>> `batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap' as we know that the Emacs
>> process will not last long.
>
> But batch-native-compile is also going to exit once the compilation
> ends, won't it?  Or is the difference that
> batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap only ever compiles a single
> file?

Originally I created `batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap' only to
integrate with the build system and support the NATIVE_FULL_AOT thing
while `batch-native-compile' is supposed to be more of a general purpose
one.  Your point is correct tho.

  Andrea