Subject: Re: bug#46495: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Build fails for 32bit --with-wide-int

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 13:19:16 +0300

> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 13:01:36 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> For some reason, compiling files with batch-native-compile does NOT
> produce the message that I'm used to see with
> batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap:
> 
>   libgccjit-0.dll: note: disable pass tree-isolate-paths for functions in the range of [0, 4294967295]

Oh, I see: it's because batch-native-compile runs the final
compilation phase in a subprocess.  But doesn't that mean the
non-default setting of comp-debug will not have its effect in this
case?

Btw, I find the doc strings of the various top-level native-compile
functions not very helpful when I need to understand under what
circumstances they run the compilation asynchronously.  I always need
to read the code, and read it carefully, to figure that out.  Can this
please be improved?