Subject: Re: bug#46495: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Build fails for 32bit --with-wide-int

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 11:13:56 +0300

> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 12:06:38 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
>  3) I see in my temporary directory subdirectories, created when I run
>     the example program, with files fake.s and fake.so.  Are they
>     supposed to be left there, or are they supposed to be deleted
>     when the program exits?

These temporary files behave strangely, to say the least.  Just
running the tut01-hello-world example program produces a new temporary
directory each time, and deposits a fake.so file there.  If I run a
variant of that which I built after adding

  gcc_jit_context_set_bool_option (
				   ctxt,
				   GCC_JIT_BOOL_OPTION_DEBUGINFO,
				   1);

then the temporary directory isn't created, or maybe it's deleted when
the program exits.  I think the latter is the case, because the
directory is visible if I step through the program with a debugger,
but disappears when the program exits.

David, what's the story with these temporary directories?