Subject: bug#46495: 28.0.50; [native-comp] Build fails for 32bit --with-wide-int

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:19:12 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 14:33:04 +0000
>> 
>> Removing the .eln should not be necessary, thinking about actually if
>> it's removed I guess emacs will not be able to start and recompile the
>> file as not able to resurrect from dump.
>> 
>> `batch-native-compile' or `batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap'
>> should be equivalent here as the second is just a way to do only byte
>> compilation for non dumped files when we are not using NATIVE_FULL_AOT.
>
> Then I guess I'm missing something: how does Emacs know whether a
> given .eln file should be saved in native-lisp/ or in
> ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/?

Ops apologies you are correct, `batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap'
also select as destination folder the `native-lisp' directory in the
build tree.  It is correct to invoke
`batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap' if we want the .eln to be
deposed there.

Thanks

  Andrea