Subject: Re: bug#46493: [feature/pgtk] Low contrast region face

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 03:12:41 +0200

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Emacs composes the colours we use here, and we choose colours that have
>> the mixture we want.
>
> We choose the colors specified by the user in his system-wide
> preferences by default.

But we don't.  The user has specified a dark theme, but we use the
default Emacs foreground/background colours.

> I disagree that the contrast is either too low or "dramatic".  And
> anyway, I don't think we should be changing long-standing defaults for
> personal preferences in this area.

We don't follow the personal preferences here, and this bug report is
exactly about the contrast being too low, so obviously people do think
that.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no