Subject: Re: bug#46493: [feature/pgtk] Low contrast region face

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 14:02:50 +0200

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Odder and odder.  What colour is that for you?  Light or dark grey?
>
> Both display a very light gray, which is the same color used to
> highlight the line containing the caret in programs such as gedit.

Ah, I see what's going on now...  I was testing this on a remote
machine, which gives pretty irrelevant results in this case.

Testing this on my laptop, I get the same colour in pgtk and not -- a
very dark grey.  And that's because I use a dark theme in Gnome Shell,
presumably?

However, we ignore the theme for everything else, so "emacs -Q" gives me
an Emacs with a white background -- and a very dark region face.

It's nonsensical to heed Gtk's settings for the region face when we
don't heed it for the default background colour, so again I'm back to
the same point: We should probably just remove that code and use the
normal Emacs-determined face colours on (p)gtk, too.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no