Subject: bug#46485: closed (Re: 28.0.50; Recent change to count-lines broke gnus-cite faces)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 16:40:03 +0000

Your bug report

#46485: 28.0.50; Recent change to count-lines broke gnus-cite faces

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
46485: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46485
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 28.0.50; Recent change to count-lines broke gnus-cite faces
From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 17:39:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> This was fixed in 
>
> f3fd9591cfca5450b4bc74274340f24068f96fc7
>
> a few days ago, I believe.

Indeed it was 🤦

I'll close this then; apologies for the noise!

Subject: 28.0.50; Recent change to count-lines broke gnus-cite faces
From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 12:06:11 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Since a few days ago, Gnus sometimes applies gnus-cite faces to
paragraphs below the actual citations.  For example, save the attached
article somewhere, then, from emacs -Q:

- M-x gnus-no-server
- G f /path/to/repro.mbox
- RET RET

There are a few things that seem to go wrong with fontification of
citations; for example, the line that starts with "That is a concern" is
erroneously fontified with gnus-cite-1.

I've tried to bisect this, and Git points out 2021-02-07 "Use
`line-number-at-pos' in `count-lines'" (7c5938ad7d).

When time permits, I'll start looking into what causes the bug, and
maybe whip up a test case; I figure someone more familiar with the code
might easily beat me to it though, so I'm reporting this before having
fully figured it out.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 13, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-02-08 built on my-little-tumbleweed
Repository revision: 9a698da7dea51a59aa9ddfb71887ac6b865883dc
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets --with-cairo'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix