Subject: Re: bug#46472: Make lisp/mail/uce.el obsolete

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 21:50:00 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 10:29:16 -0700
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> I'd suggest installing the change as attached on emacs-28.  If that's
> >> not possible, I'd like to install it on master, but add the same text to
> >> the package "Commentary" section on emacs-28.
> >
> > On master, please.
> 
> It is really unfortunate if we can't even document serious security and
> privacy issues in Emacs 28 at this point.

Document: yes.  But your change modified the code as well, and more
importantly changed how the feature works.

> I do not see how such documentation could possibly affect the
> release date.

The release branch is closed for any behavior changes, except the ones
that are strictly necessary to fix some bug (and even those last ones
only if they are safe enough).

> It is hammering home the point

Please don't hammer.  Say it once, clearly and concisely, and
preferably without implying that the user who might want to use it has
a death wish.