Subject: Re: bug#46464: 27.1; wide images are hidden partially at the right edge of window

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 23:30:27 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 00:11:26 +0900
>> 
>> Evaluate the form below, 10 images are inserted in one logical line.
>> The fourth image of the first visual line and the fourth image of the
>> secodn visual line are hidden partially at the right edge of the window,
>> where (frame-char-width) => 8 and (window-text-width) => 80.
>
> This is the intended behavior: Emacs silently crops images that don't
> fit on their screen line.

What means by "images that don't fit on their screen line"?

If a edge of a image is near the right edge of the window,
the image is mostly hidden. It is not preferable.
And if :margin is specified, the image may be hidden completely.

By the way, if :margin is specified, a partial image on the right edge
of the window is displayed with right margin.
It is very misleading.