Subject: [bug#46454] [PATCH] gnu: Update zfs.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 16:00:41 +0100

RAID,

On 2021-02-12 3:23, raid5atemyhomework via Guix-patches via wrote:
> Please prioritize, as this release fixes a (minor and low-probability)
> security issue:

Thank you very much for taking care of this!

To ensure that security updates stand out more, both on the list and in 
the commit log, please use our (de facto?) standard commit message 
format.

Instead of

     gnu: Update zfs.

write

     gnu: zfs: Update 2.0.3 [fixes CVE-0000-001].

or, if no CVE (or equivalent like TROVE) has yet been assigned:

     gnu: zfs: Update 2.0.3 [security fixes].

Also note the changes to the rest of the subject.

Using this exact format makes it easi(er) to grep/automate the git log.  
Everyone doing their own thing makes it hard.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser. Excuse or enjoy my brevity.