Subject: Re: bug#46439: 26.1; command “break” within gdb afterwards run“list 1” infinitely

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 19:05:52 +0200

> From: [email-masked] (Alexandre François Garreau)
> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 17:43:24 +0100
> 
> If I run M-x gdb and then within the GUD prompt type “b main:1” for
> instance (but it’ll be the same for any “break” command), it will print
> the classical “Breakpoint 1 at 0xXXXX: file file.c, line N.”, then will
> run “l 1” repeatedly while feeling the buffer with thousands of lines of
> the first ten lines of source file.  I don’t know why’s that, nor how to
> investigate.  I use the Debian GNU/Linux version.

I cannot reproduce this, neither in Emacs 26.1 nor in the current
development version.

Which version of GDB do you have?

And these messages might have something to do with the problem you
see:

> error in process filter: gdb-input: Process gud-commissaire-priseur not running
> error in process filter: Process gud-commissaire-priseur not running

Do you have some GUD customizations?  Does the problem happen in
"emacs -Q"?