Subject: bug#46438: 27.1; wdired bug and suggestion

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 14:48:15 +0200

Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]> writes:

> The bug:
>
> After (setq wdired-keep-marker-rename ?w), if I rename a file to an
> already existing fle name and then answer no to overwriting it, the
> other file is marked with w, while it should not.

I've now fixed this in Emacs 29.

> The suggestion:
>
> For some reason, once I finish editing in wdired mode, I istinctively
> press RET to finish, only to discover that it does nothing.  I would
> bind RET to wdired-exit or wdired-finish-edit

I think many people may be hitting RET by mistake in that buffer, not
wanting to end the editing session, so I think that would make things
more confusing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no