Subject: [bug#46429] [PATCH 0/1] guix time-machine: fail when unrecognized option

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 22:38:50 +0100

Hi,

Currently, the command line:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix time-machine kikoo -- --version
guix (GNU Guix) 8f8a1485b80de707caecf6e7e29b520cd8cf611e
Copyright © 2021 les auteurs de Guix
Licence GPLv3+ : GNU GPL version 3 ou ultérieure <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.fr.html>
Ceci est un logiciel libre : vous êtes libre de le modifier et de le redistribuer.
Il n'y a AUCUNE GARANTIE, dans les limites permises par la loi.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

does not fail but uses the current commit.  This leads to confusing behaviour
as described in <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/46336>, for instance:

$ guix time-machine 8e7e414aa998fe8c0de8a491c91aab8b8d9c58f4 -- graph maven

which had failed with:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
"453f18db343cbad1892186b85c7eb07f364b399e"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "838347207cdd96de1ad0127aaf4b2c378c7c2148"; pull-version: 1).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The failure is another reason.  However the backtrace is not informative about
the real issue which is a misuse of the command line.

This trivial patch fixes it by gracefully failing.

All the best,
simon

zimoun (1):
  scripts: time-machine: Fail when unrecognized option.

 guix/scripts/time-machine.scm | 3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

base-commit: 8f8a1485b80de707caecf6e7e29b520cd8cf611e
-- 
2.29.2