Subject: bug#46424: ASDF build system sometimes fails to load .asd files properly

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 17:36:49 +0100

Yesterday I pushed 3aba721da73fbdc3382cc098c41596d5cfbb29eb
"gnu: sbcl-quri: Update to 20200209", which fixes the tests for sbcl-quri.

I noted:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
       ;; Test system must be loaded before, otherwise tests fail with:
       ;; Component QURI-ASD::QURI-TEST not found, required by #<SYSTEM
       ;; "quri">.
       '(#:asd-systems '("quri-test" "quri")))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Our build system should be able to do better, we should not even have to
specify the asd-systems here.  After all, ASDF is smart enough.

Note that:

- If we don't specify the systems, the tests are still run and
  succeed(!), it's only the phase that fails with the aforementioned
  error.

- If we specify the systems in the reverse order, it still fails!

We've got this issue for many SBCL packages.

Any clue?  Guillaume?

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/