Subject: 28.0.50; ERC highlights nick even when case don't match

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 21:11:19 +0100

ERC highlights nick even when case don't match.

E.g., my nick is incal, then someone says

<someone> There is one Incal I didn't read, the "Final Incal":
          https://jodoverse.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Incal
          
    <bot> Final Incal | Jodoverse Wiki | Fandom

Should it be case-sensitive, you think?

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-10-23 built on ebih
Repository revision: 558065531beaaae78810508f267415c6953e8e47
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ERC

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/emacs-init/signal hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/signal-20160816.1438/signal
~/.emacs.d/lisp/abbrev hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/abbrev
~/.emacs.d/emacs-init/misc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/misc
~/.emacs.d/emacs-init/fill hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/textmodes/fill

Features:
(shadow emacsbug log-edit pcvs-util add-log w3m-cookie
w3m-lnum w3m-tabmenu bug-reference latexenc flyspell
gnus-draft vc-annotate vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
vc-filewise tramp-cmds nnfolder eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe shortdoc conf-mode vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr
mhtml-mode js tramp-cache pcmpl-unix flow-fill descr-text
canlock cl-print help-fns radix-tree qp mailalias ffap
cus-edit cus-start cus-load dired-aux mule-util w3m-symbol
mm-archive erc-list erc-menu erc-networks erc-track
erc-netsplit tabify cl-extra mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg
gnus-dup gnus-ml disp-table cursor-sensor pop3 nndraft nnmh
nnml gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent nnvirtual nntp
gnus-cache term/linux paren nroff-mode css-mode sgml-mode
imenu eww xdg url-queue mm-url checkdoc lisp-mnt cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs message-incal moggle message-dynamic
mail-to-many smtpmail sendmail xsel lpr tramp-sh markdown-mode
rx color noutline outline w3m-form sh-script smie executable
org-faces erc-match erc-button bibtex t-mouse man tex-mode
iterate-files issn-verify isbn-verify pcase yank wrap-search
w3m-unisearch w3m-search spell ispell sort-incal sort
shell-cli revert-buffer lisp-incal ielm kill keys help-incal
debug backtrace help-mode find-func apropos dired-x
compile-incal mode-line compile article gnus-cite dl bookmarks
w3m-bookmark em-hist em-pred esh-mode quit gnus-incal group
group-summary gnus-srvr erc-incal fill-incal erc-ring
erc-pcomplete erc-join erc-fill erc-stamp erc-goodies erc
erc-backend pp erc-loaddefs gnus-score score-mode gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win message rmc puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util edit tabs dired-incal w3m-incal
w3m-tabs w3m-session w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit
w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util thingatpt
time-incal time-insert file tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec sudo-user-path find-command file-write-to
window-incal search-regexp-in-files count get-search-string
caps-back easy-mmode buffer-menu switch-to-buffer super scroll
dired dired-loaddefs close buc switch-to-buffer-regexp
align-incal string slime-autoloads w3m-load info package
easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1093485 158082)
 (symbols 48 47543 3)
 (strings 32 189882 26281)
 (string-bytes 1 5571247)
 (vectors 16 58098)
 (vector-slots 8 1977667 254361)
 (floats 8 526 694)
 (intervals 56 280104 4081)
 (buffers 992 155))

-- 
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
https://dataswamp.org/~incal