Subject: Re: [bug#46393] [PATCH] gnu: Add ocrfeeder

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:27:11 -0500

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 10:37:27PM -0800, Andy Tai wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 4:34 PM Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I looked in the repo and it doesn't look like the expat license:
> >
> > https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:Expat
> >
> > I'm not sure what it is? Can you do a little research? That FSF license
> > directory might help.
> 
> 
> I double checked and the FSF uses expat to refer to MIT-style license.
> I put a comment in the python-sane patch to that effect.

Sorry, but this is not the expat license. It's a completely different
text.

In terms of concrete differences, at least, the requirement not to use
the author's name for "advertising" is not part of the expat license.

It's basically a variation on these:

https://www.xfree86.org/4.0.2/LICENSE3.html

I pushed a followup commit, adjusting the package to use the generic
"non-copyleft" license.