Subject: [bug#46392] [PATCH] gnu: Add nixfmt.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 10:31:56 +0100

Hello,

EuAndreh <[email-masked]> writes:

> Quick question: why rename it to ghc-nixfmt?
>
> I chose to not add the "ghc-" prefix because this wasn't primarily a
> library available for the Haskell ecosystem, but a standalone program
> that happens to be written in Haskell.  Could you give me some tip on
> the naming covention on this case?

Good question. I prefixed it with "ghc-" because you put it in
haskell-xyz.scm, where the prefix is usual. If this is a standalone
program, it could go in haskell-apps.scm, with its prefix removed.

I don't think that warrants a deprecation warning since the package is
very young.

WDYT?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou