Subject: Re: bug#46384: 28.0.50; 100% cpu in line_number_display_width

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 08:37:28 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > The original reporter is on macOS, which requires debuggers to be
  > signed before they're allowed to control other programs. Performing
  > that signing is a hassle (itʼs possible it requires administrator
  > privileges as well), itʼs easy to get wrong, and you need to redo it
  > every time you upgrade gdb. See
  > <https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/PermissionsDarwin>

I wonder if Apple is following the projection in my science
fiction story, The Right to Read.

I did not know about this, and I would like to publicize it.  Can
anyone find a good article (or 2 or 3 for use together) describing
this requirement and the practical problems it causes?

I will look at https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/PermissionsDarwin
in case that helps.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)