Subject: bug#46367: 28.0.50; lisp/autorevert.el typo introduced in "auto-revert--buffers-by-watch-descriptor"?

From: Georg T <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 17:44:22 +0100

Code using variable "auto-revert--buffers-by-watch-descriptor"
defined in autorevert.el breaks since this variable has been renamed
"auto-revert--buffer-by-watch-descriptor" (i.e. without s)
recently. It's still with the "s" in Emacs 27.1 and in builts from November 2020. Unclear if this is a typo or intended; probably a typo.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H512))
of 2021-02-07 built on MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: 56e76f0eb00d92b49ddd5757d0a68d09dc522d39
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@28/28.0.50/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@28/28.0.50 --with-xml2
--with-gnutls --without-dbus --with-imagemagick --with-modules
--with-rsvg --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_SE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  org-indent-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  org-roam-mode: t
  org-table-header-line-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/geo/.emacs.d/elpa/swiper-0.10.0/swiper hides /Users/geo/.emacs.d/elpa/ivy-0.10.0/swiper

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail anki-editor request autorevert
filenotify ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox smex org-indent ol-w3m
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info org-habit org-agenda ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source
utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb colir color recentf tree-widget bookmark
org-roam org-roam-link org-roam-graph xml org-roam-doctor org-roam-db
emacsql-sqlite3 emacsql emacsql-compiler org-roam-dailies
org-roam-capture org-capture org-roam-completion org-roam-buffer
org-roam-faces org-roam-macs org-roam-compat rx f dash org-id org-refile
org-element avl-tree org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl-extra yasnippet
highlight-indentation company pcase help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy
find-file-in-project windmove diff-mode elpy-shell elpy-profile
elpy-django s elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec ido grep files-x cus-edit pp
cus-start cus-load wid-edit pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups auctex-latexmk tex-buf
latex easy-mmode latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings tex-ispell
tex-style tex crm advice counsel dired dired-loaddefs compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color esh-util etags fileloop generator
xref project ring swiper ivy flx delsel ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt
edmacro kmacro paren leuven-theme finder-inf server tex-site info
package easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 375133 39398)
(symbols 48 36266 4)
(strings 32 127099 5333)
(string-bytes 1 4131206)
(vectors 16 62754)
(vector-slots 8 1441310 222674)
(floats 8 469 325)
(intervals 56 1402 96)
(buffers 984 14))