Subject: Re: bug#46358: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Add vc-dir faces; also apply them to vc-git

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 03:48:28 +0200

Hello!

On 09.02.2021 19:46, Protesilaos Stavrou wrote:

> I have prepared a new patch.
> 
> 1. Incorporate the feedback received thus far:
> 
>     + Do not apply special treatment to the Git stash header.  It now
>       looks the same as all other headers.
> 
>     + Rename 'vc-dir-ignored' to 'vc-dir-status-ignored'.
> 
>     + Apply 'vc-dir-status-ignored' to gitignored files.
> 
> 2. Implement the new faces in all backends, while ensuring that every
>     value documented for 'vc-state' is taken into account.

Thanks!

Looking good, I've applied and pushed this patch. Except for one thing:

>     + Please double check that the 'rev-and-lock' state is correct: it is
>       the only one I could infer from the context of what the USER of
>       'vc-state' is.

USER denotes string values (which will denote being locked by that user).

I don't think the symbol `rev-and-lock' can ever be the value returned 
by 'vc-state', though I'll have to admit not really understanding what 
vc-rcs-consult-headers does.

So I removed that bit. Someone should feel free to correct me.