Subject: Re: bug#46350: 28.0.50; touchpad-scrolling-eats-lots-of-cpu-samples

From: Andrey Orst <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 21:52:22 +0300

>
> I didn't ask how much time it takes Emacs to process the inputs.  I
> asked how much time did it take you to generate them by moving your
> finger on the touchpad.  I very much doubt the answer to that is 15
> sec.
>

Yes I was talking about me inputting scrolling events for about ~15 secs.
I've rewatched the video and I'm continuously swiping over touchpad for
about ~10 seconds, and Emacs updates position ~5 seconds after I stopped.

> There I was talking about progressive speed turned on, as it builds up
> > almost instantly with my touchpad producing 30 inputs per swipe.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand: what builds up?
>

Scrolling speed. With progressive speed turned on it is impossible to use
touchpad because after single swipe the speed builds up so much resulting
in point immediately jumping to beginning/end of buffer.