Subject: Re: bug#4635: 23.1.50; term-previous-input and split windows

From: Johan Bockgård <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:07:02 +0200

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:55:57 +0100 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> 1. emacs -Q
>> 2. M-x term RET
>> 3. C-c 2
>> 4. RET
>> => Cursor jumps from the term prompt to the beginning of the buffer
>>
>> I instrumented term.el but could not induce the jump when stepping
>> through with edebug.  I don't know how else to try debugging this.
>
> Manifestations of this bug continue to annoy me (currently using GNU
> Emacs 23.1.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.6) of 2010-02-13
> on escher).  Does anyone have any idea how to fix (or at least debug)
> it?  Can anyone else reproduce it?

Point is being moved by

  <process filter> -> term-emulate-terminal -> term-check-size ->
  term-reset-size -> term-set-scroll-region

The same thing will also happen if you resize the window without
splitting it.