Subject: bug#46339: 28.0.50; ERC likely bug with `erc-previous-command'

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 07:39:13 +0100

In ERC, try type /n RET, then type abc and invoke
`erc-previous-command'

  erc-add-to-input-ring: Wrong type argument: erc-input, "abc"

what does that mean? `erc-next-command' works so a bug is
perhaps likely.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-10-23 built on ebih
Repository revision: 558065531beaaae78810508f267415c6953e8e47
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/emacs-init/signal hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/signal-20160816.1438/signal
~/.emacs.d/lisp/abbrev hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/abbrev

Features:
(make-mode cl-print shadow emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe shortdoc help-fns radix-tree mule-util w3m-symbol ffap
cus-edit cus-start cus-load erc-list erc-menu erc-networks
erc-track erc-netsplit cl-extra mailalias tabify mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup gnus-draft gnus-ml disp-table
cursor-sensor pop3 nndraft nnmh nnml gnutls network-stream nsm
gnus-agent nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache term/linux paren
nroff-mode css-mode sgml-mode imenu eww xdg url-queue mm-url
checkdoc lisp-mnt cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs message-my moggle
message-my-dynamic mail-to-many smtpmail sendmail xsel lpr
tramp-sh markdown-mode rx color noutline outline w3m-form
sh-script smie executable org-faces erc-match erc-button
bibtex t-mouse man tex-mode iterate-files issn-verify
isbn-verify pcase yank-my wrap-search w3m-unisearch w3m-search
spell-new ispell sort-my sort shell-cli revert-buffer-my
lisp-new ielm kill keys help-new debug backtrace help-mode
find-func apropos dired-x compile-my mode-line compile article
gnus-cite dl bookmarks w3m-bookmark em-hist em-pred esh-mode
quit gnus-my group group-summary gnus-srvr erc-my fill-new
erc-ring erc-pcomplete erc-join erc-fill erc-stamp erc-goodies
erc erc-backend pp erc-loaddefs gnus-score score-mode gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum
shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win message rmc puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util edit tabs dired-my w3m-my
thingatpt w3m-tabs w3m-session w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
wid-edit w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util
time-my time-my-insert files-my tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec sudo-user-path find-command file-write-to
window-new search-regexp-in-files count get-search-string
caps-back easy-mmode buffer-menu switch-to-buffer super scroll
dired dired-loaddefs close buc switch-to-buffer-regexp
align-new my-string slime-autoloads w3m-load info package
easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 494971 68137)
 (symbols 48 32958 12)
 (strings 32 118948 12771)
 (string-bytes 1 3988654)
 (vectors 16 49273)
 (vector-slots 8 1318508 198821)
 (floats 8 492 600)
 (intervals 56 14095 350)
 (buffers 992 51))

-- 
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
https://dataswamp.org/~incal