Subject: Re: bug#46301: 28.0.50; cc-mode: add support for c++ lambda expression

From: Utkarsh Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 09:37:08 +0530

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> But from the end of that lambda, a further C-M-e takes point to the end
> of bubble_sort.
>
> Why do you think this is a bug?  The lambda form is a function, it is at
> the top level (i.e. not within braces), so why shouldn't C-M-e stop at
> its end?  That's a genuine question, by the way, not a rhetorical one.

I think there was some misunderstanding on my side as I was interpreting
c-end-of-defun as c-end-of-*named*-defun.  This means I was not
considering lambda as an unnamed function but just as a default
argument.

> If anything, the rather unsystematic behaviour of C-M-a near this lambda
> function is of more concern.  And there's the worry that this example
> will break other places where it's assumed that braces cannot occur in
> parameter lists.
>
> But of all the languages there are, trust C++ to be awkward.  ;-)

Yes, C++ can get really ugly sometimes.

The main moto behind my "feature request" was not solving the problem
logically but to be so called "contributor" of GNU Emacs.  Apology for
that.
-- 
Utkarsh Singh