Subject: Re: bug#46299: 28.0.50; Value of tab-bar-show not respected in new frames.

From: Bastian Beranek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 15:11:39 +0100

Hello Juri,

I now installed your patch and I don't think it is complete yet.

1) Is the :set function actually used the next time emacs starts after
customizations have been written to .emacs and variables are
initialized to customized values using (custom-set-variables ...)? I
don't think it is, right?

2) Switching tab-bar-mode on and off seems to overwrite the
tab-bar-lines information in default-frame-alist:

    ;; If the user has given `default-frame-alist' a `tab-bar-lines'
    ;; parameter, replace it.
    (if (assq 'tab-bar-lines default-frame-alist)
        (setq default-frame-alist
              (cons (cons 'tab-bar-lines val)
                    (assq-delete-all 'tab-bar-lines
                                     default-frame-alist)))))

This code should depend on the value of tab-bar-show, right?

Cheers
Bastian