Subject: Re: [bug#46260] [PATCH] gnu: Add font-space-grotesk.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 23:04:46 +0100

Antoine,

Antoine Côté 写道：
> * gnu/packages/fonts.scm (font-space-grotesk): New variable.

Thanks!

> +(define-public font-space-grotesk

Aim to add packages in alphabetical order, to minimise merge 
conflicts (unlikely but they happen).  Some modules, like this 
one, are such a mess that your only option is 
alphabetical-compared-to-the-previous-variable.  Oh well.  I moved 
it under font-sarasa-gothic.

> +    (build-system font-build-system)

And added a phase to install OFL.txt as well.

> +    (synopsis "Proportional variant of the original fixed-width 
> Space Mono family")
> +    (description "Space Grotesk is a proportional sans-serif 
> typeface variant based on Colophon Foundry's
> +fixed-width Space Mono family (2016).  Originally designed by 
> Florian Karsten in 2018,
> +Space Grotesk retains the monospace's idiosyncratic details 
> while optimizing for
> +improved readability at non-display sizes.  Space Grotesk 
> includes Latin Vietnamese,
> +Pinyin, and all Western, Central, and South-Eastern European 
> language support,
> +as well as several OpenType features (old-style and tabular 
> figures,
> +superscript and subscript numerals, fractions, stylistic 
> alternates).")

These lines are a bit too long.  You should configure your editor 
to wrap at 78 characters or at least not exceed 80.

I shortened the synopsis + description just a tiny bit and pushed 
this package as d65a25c9a2fdc9940c691afd8a10c7d489052cdf.

Kind regards,

T G-R