Subject: Re: bug#46257: 28.0.50; use flat-button in modus-operandi theme

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 10:33:05 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> In that case I would prefer not to introduce the patch, even though I
>> understand it would otherwise align the themes with the latest state of
>> emacs.git.
>>
>> That granted, the pattern of hiding the :box border by colourising it
>> the same as the background is uncommon.  So if you still wish to apply
>> the flat-button, I will just maintain separate patches for whenever I
>> submit a new version of the themes to emacs.git.
>
> I think that sounds like too much work -- it's best for if these
> packages/themes that are meant to work over a range of Emacs versions if
> they avoid using cutting-edge features, I think.

Alternatively, when Elisp wants to work over a range of Emacs versions,
it can test for present features or the current Emacs version, and
expand to the appropriate form, as is done for the :extend keyword, for
example.

-- 
Basil