Subject: bug#46257: 28.0.50; use flat-button in modus-operandi theme

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 14:09:56 +0200

On 2021-02-04, 09:40 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> That change looks good to me.  Please apply it wherever it would be
>> appropriate.  And please do the same for the modus-vivendi theme.
>>
>> Now a question that is not pertinent to Emacs 28: does this flat-button
>> degrade gracefully on older versions, say, 27?  The reason I am asking
>> is because I will need to mirror any patch on my upstream repo; and I
>> know that there are users who run the themes on older versions of Emacs.
>
> It won't degrade gracefully, so will applying the patch to Emacs 28
> create problems for you?  If so, applying it doesn't seem all that
> vital, since the visual result is the same (I think?), and it's just a
> simplification (in Emacs 28).

In that case I would prefer not to introduce the patch, even though I
understand it would otherwise align the themes with the latest state of
emacs.git.

That granted, the pattern of hiding the :box border by colourising it
the same as the background is uncommon.  So if you still wish to apply
the flat-button, I will just maintain separate patches for whenever I
submit a new version of the themes to emacs.git.

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
protesilaos.com