Subject: bug#46256: [feature/native-comp] AOT eln files ignored if run from build tree

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 20:51:24 +0000

Andy Moreton <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have built emacs native-comp branch for 64bit Mingw64 with
> NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1 (out of tree, so build dir != source dir).
>
> I notice that if I run the built emacs from the build dir then the
> prebuilt .eln files are ignored, and async compilation of the .eln file
> happens again to add them to the user eln-cache dir.
>
> The prebuilt .eln files are not found in the user eln-cache (expected)
> or the installed emacs directory (also expected), but it looks like it
> does not also check the build dir (relative to the running emacs rather
> than relative to the install prefix).
>
> Running from the build dir without installing is common for developers
> building from source, so it would be useful to keep this working with
> native AOT builds.
>
>     AndyM

Hi Andy,

could you share the values of PATH_DUMPLOADSEARCH and
PATH_REL_LOADSEARCH from your epaths.h ?

Thanks

  Andrea