Subject: bug#46256: [feature/native-comp] AOT eln files ignored if run from build tree

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 16:11:59 +0200

> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 05:54:28 +0000
> Cc: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Thanks.  Please tell me if you need me to provide some further data
> > from this crashed session.  If not, I will end the debugging session
> 
> Do you have to end the crashed session to start a new one?

I can start a new one, but I cannot (easily) build a modified Emacs as
long as the crashed session runs.  And even if I do build a new
version, as soon as I "git pull", the sources will not match the
binary in the debugging session, and debugging becomes ... interesting.

> I think we should keep it open for a while longer (or create a core
> dump, if that works?) and still try to test whether it's the
> dynlib_close()-might-not-close bug.

Core dumps aren't supported on Windows.  As for testing the dynlib
hypothesis: how can this session help?  If this is the problem, it
already happened, and the Emacs process is already all but dead: it
hit a fatal assertion violation.  I cannot run the debuggee anymore,
all I can do is examine existing variables.  If there are some
variables you want me to examine, please tell, and I will report their
values.