Subject: bug#46256: [feature/native-comp] AOT eln files ignored if run from build tree

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 19:48:53 +0000

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 7:20 PM Andrea Corallo via Bug reports for GNU
> Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>> Okay I believe this is clearly a libgccjit bug.  The attached reproducer
>> is not crashing on my 32bit setup based on a recent GCC trunk.
>
> It's crashing for me with a Feb 15 build of libgccjit from gcc trunk,
> but not with a newer build from gcc trunk, so it looks like a gcc bug
> that has since been fixed.

I think what you see should be PR99126 [1] that was fixed recently on
trunk.

IIRC (might be wrong) Eli is on a GCC 9, where at the time I could not
reproduce this bug.  If we discover PR99126 shows-up in versions other
than 10 we might want to relax the version check around the workaround
we have in place.

  Andrea

[1] <https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=99126>