Subject: bug#46256: [feature/native-comp] AOT eln files ignored if run from build tree

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 19:22:34 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 15:56:54 +0000
>> 
>> If it's crashing in libgccjit that sounds like a libgccjit bug.
>
> If so, the bug is a glaring one, because the crash smashes the stack.
>
>> Just to mention, using `comp-libgccjit-reproducer' might be helpful
>> here to produce a libgccjit only reproducer (assuming it manages to
>> create one before crashing).
>> 
>> If the reproducer is created I can have a look here to see if that's
>> reproducible if you like.
>
> Where do I find instructions to create a reproducer?

What we have as a doc is directly in the docstring of
`comp-libgccjit-reproducer', I guess we could improve it.

Essentially having it bound to t while compiling produces a C file
deposed where the .eln target directory.

This file ELNFILENAME_libgccjit_repro.c can be just compiled linking
against libgccjit to obtain the reproducer.

libgccjit should never segfault so if this crashes is clearly a bug.

  Andrea