Subject: Re: bug#46256: [feature/native-comp] AOT eln files ignored if run from build tree

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 19:37:52 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Also, while compiling I see this warning:
>
>   comp.c: In function 'eln_load_path_final_clean_up':
>   comp.c:4514:15: warning: trampoline generated for nested function 'return_nil' [-Wtrampolines]
>    4514 |   Lisp_Object return_nil (Lisp_Object arg) { return Qnil; }
> 	|               ^~~~~~~~~~
>
> Why do we need this nested function on Windows, and what is the story
> about the trampoline?  And how to avoid the warning?
>
> Thanks.

This nested function was nested only to save some ifdefs (as it's used
only in Windows ifdefed code).  Didn't know it could cause warnings,
I've made it a regular function with cf37850e2d.

Thanks

  Andrea