Subject: bug#46255: closed (Re: bug#46255: Undeclared xbindkeys dependency on Tk)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 17:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#46255: Undeclared xbindkeys dependency on Tk

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
46255: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46255
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#46255: Undeclared xbindkeys dependency on Tk
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 18:01:23 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mandraker,

[email-masked] 写道：
> $ xbindkeys_show
> /home/eric/.guix-profile/bin/xbindkeys_show: line 3: exec: wish: 
> not
> found

Thanks.

This was due to ...unconventional shebang usage upstream:

  #!/bin/sh 
  # \
  exec wish "$0" "$@"

I don't pretend to comprehend why.  I don't see any polyglottal 
cleverness going on below it.

Our built-in ‘patch-shebang’ has no problem patching first one 
(creating a bogus dependency on bash, now gone) but can't see the 
obfuscated wish one.

Fixed[0] by turning it into a proper shebang first.

Please test and report your results; it complains about a missing 
configuration file here.

> xbindkeys_show use the package Tk that is not declared

They do declare it, kind of, in xbindkeys.spec and ./configure 
etc.  And (incidentally) halfway down the ChangeLog file.  Hardly 
obvious, indeed.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=72fabd8d6ef7fbfd19c1f1ef294b26e3c5a16bbf

Subject: Undeclared xbindkeys dependency on Tk
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 09:53:19 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Guix Dev.

$ xbindkeys_show
/home/eric/.guix-profile/bin/xbindkeys_show: line 3: exec: wish: not 
found

$ cat /home/eric/.guix-profile/bin/xbindkeys_show
#!/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh
# \
exec wish "$0" "$@"
^
|   ...
|
|
xbindkeys_show use the package Tk that is not declared

SeeYAAA!