Subject: Re: bug#46212: ci.guix.gnu.org narinfos with excessive NarSize

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 11:11:40 +0100

Hi!

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I thought this did prevent substitution, at least I have problems:
>
> → guix build --substitute-urls=https://ci.guix.gnu.org /gnu/store/q6qa5s2z2l20q25qpxyfv1wni5wwhk24-flightgear-2018.3.5
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> guix build: error: integer expected from stream

This one is fixed here:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/51983

We have yet to update the ‘guix’ package though.

> Maybe the database could be queried to find the affected items, then
> they could be GC'd?

We could do that, but then /var/cache/guix/publish would needed to be
cleaned up as well.  It’s a bit tedious doable.  (I don’t plan to work
on it right now because I’m trying to focus on other things.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.