Subject: bug#46212: ci.guix.gnu.org narinfos with excessive NarSize

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 15:55:29 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I get this while attempting to install flightgear from
> 12c17b46f1464db5591572754c814c845a2057ad.

Ah ha!  A newer flightgear, baked today, doesn’t have this problem (from
commit 3c74dbb35f1ea0f43b02fd81e5afd24608f71c45):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ wget -qO - https://ci.guix.gnu.org/58rpdzfh42xqq36dg25cgxzfw0alsm7w.narinfo | head -12
StorePath: /gnu/store/58rpdzfh42xqq36dg25cgxzfw0alsm7w-flightgear-2018.3.5
URL: nar/gzip/58rpdzfh42xqq36dg25cgxzfw0alsm7w-flightgear-2018.3.5
Compression: gzip
FileSize: 1797450279
URL: nar/lzip/58rpdzfh42xqq36dg25cgxzfw0alsm7w-flightgear-2018.3.5
Compression: lzip
FileSize: 1605732816
URL: nar/zstd/58rpdzfh42xqq36dg25cgxzfw0alsm7w-flightgear-2018.3.5
Compression: zstd
FileSize: 1668702713
NarHash: sha256:09804lw134f16k4pwwm8jpwiy9dvr4hjvz64wx74bl8g1jjf9i9w
NarSize: 2684767960
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

And on berlin:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
ludo@berlin ~$ sudo sqlite3 /var/guix/db/db.sqlite
Password: 
SQLite version 3.28.0 2019-04-16 19:49:53
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> select * from validpaths where path='/gnu/store/58rpdzfh42xqq36dg25cgxzfw0alsm7w-flightgear-2018.3.5';
45741398|/gnu/store/58rpdzfh42xqq36dg25cgxzfw0alsm7w-flightgear-2018.3.5|sha256:3cc5e4a40c0fd1454ee7c4fc2d21c9bb251ff995a8727ec934c1911138250025|1616252839|/gnu/store/rzcviskbmy0x4hz15dki4a2aci9wrjxv-flightgear-2018.3.5.drv|2684767960
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Registration date:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guile-user)> (date->string (time-utc->date (make-time time-utc 0 1616252839) 3600))
$15 = "Sat Mar 20 16:07:19+0100 2021"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Could it be that the bug was fixed in the meantime?  Or that this one
was, say, built directly via Guix whereas the other one was built
through Cuirass?  Mystery!

Ludo’.