Subject: Re: bug#46212: ci.guix.gnu.org narinfos with excessive NarSize

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 14:03:03 +0100

Hi,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Did you eventually find out where the negative size comes from?
>>
>>   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46212
>>
>> What should we do in your opinion with database entries that have a
>> negative size?
>
> I didn't look closely to this problem yet. However, I fixed an issue
> with locales in the remote building mechanism that caused publish server
> crashes:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2021-02/msg00231.html.

Hmm I don’t think so.

The bug here is likely due to 32-bit signed integer wrapping.  That can
only happen in C code, so to me possible culprits would be
guile-simple-zmq or the layer above it (if there’s a binary protocol
involved) or the postgresql interface.  Only a vague intuition, though.

Ludo’.