Subject: Re: bug#46206: 24.3; rectangle kill not working properly

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 10:17:15 +0100

SomeGuy <[email-masked]> writes:

> When I attempt to kill a rectangle that spans multiple lines, the kill
> is not getting everything and yank makes it worse, as this yank usually
> does not go to the right place and typically overwrites other text.

It's not quite clear what you mean here -- do you have a recipe to
reproduce this problem, starting from "emacs -Q"?

I tried

M-<space>
moved point around
C-x r k
C-x r y

and things worked as expected (in emacs-26, which is the oldest Emacs I
have here).

> In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)

Emacs 24.3 is very old, though.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no