Subject: bug#46203: 28.0.50; flymake doesn't start in java-mode; here is debugger output

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 11:03:20 +0530

1. Start Emacs with -Q flag.
2. (setq debug-on-error t)
3. Open a .java file
4. M-x flymake-mode
5. Move point

Produces this debugger output:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Removing directory" "No such file or directory" "/private/var/folders/lf/kn5fshdx4md8xcmv02rntfzr00...")
  signal(file-missing ("Removing directory" "No such file or directory" "/private/var/folders/lf/kn5fshdx4md8xcmv02rntfzr00..."))
  files--force(nil delete-directory-internal "/private/var/folders/lf/kn5fshdx4md8xcmv02rntfzr00...")
  delete-directory("/private/var/folders/lf/kn5fshdx4md8xcmv02rntfzr00...")
  flymake-proc--safe-delete-directory("/private/var/folders/lf/kn5fshdx4md8xcmv02rntfzr00...")
  flymake-proc--delete-temp-directory("/private/var/folders/lf/kn5fshdx4md8xcmv02rntfzr00...")
  flymake-proc-simple-java-cleanup()
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0xc1e366f71c32823>)()
  flymake-proc-legacy-flymake(#f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode 0x1246cb41db097b05>))
  apply(flymake-proc-legacy-flymake #f(compiled-function (&rest args) #<bytecode 0x1246cb41db097b05>) nil)
  flymake--run-backend(flymake-proc-legacy-flymake nil)
  #f(compiled-function (backend) #<bytecode -0x1596ab80e3b651ab>)(flymake-proc-legacy-flymake)
  run-hook-wrapped(#f(compiled-function (backend) #<bytecode -0x1596ab80e3b651ab>) flymake-proc-legacy-flymake)
  flymake-start((on-display) nil)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x112feb3c13c972cf>)()
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.2.0, NS appkit-2022.20 Version 11.1 (Build 20C69))
 of 2021-01-31 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: 0f2d87716a2cb6fae5ea6719763441c448fe7a74
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.1

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C
ob-python python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete ls-lisp ob-R ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval ol org-loaddefs mail-extr emacsbug utf-7 nndraft nnmh
epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache .gnus semantic/analyze/complete
semantic/db-typecache semantic/complete help-fns radix-tree cl-print
debug backtrace flymake-proc flymake compile comint ansi-color warnings
misearch multi-isearch semantic/dep semantic/tag-file ebdb-message
sendmail ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr vc-git
diff-mode semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files
semantic/wisent/java-tags semantic/java semantic/decorate/include
semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode semantic/doc
semantic/wisent/javat-wy cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs hideshow elec-pair
display-line-numbers init savehist edmacro kmacro org-table org-keys
org-compat advice org-macs format-spec srecode/mode semantic/senator
ring semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/decorate pulse
srecode/insert srecode/filters srecode/args srecode/find srecode/map
srecode/ctxt srecode/compile srecode/dictionary srecode/fields
srecode/table srecode semantic/db-mode semantic/idle semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db
semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base
ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar eieio-custom wid-edit cedet ebdb-mua
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe find-func eieio-base pcase cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
timezone rust-mode rx thingatpt diminish cl-extra help-mode finder-inf
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core server my-init
avoid paren cus-start cus-load my-util info early-init package easymenu
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 608669 16747)
 (symbols 48 40145 1)
 (strings 32 161760 13390)
 (string-bytes 1 5103534)
 (vectors 16 61491)
 (vector-slots 8 873892 38416)
 (floats 8 312 172)
 (intervals 56 1956 0)
 (buffers 984 30))

-- 
Regards,
Pankaj Jangid

GnuPG Fingerprint: 0B62 7424 3B26 A911 052A DDE6 7C95 6E6F F858 7689