Subject: Re: bug#46195: [PATCH] Add julia-http with dependencies

From: Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 23:33:21 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
Hi!
>
> So JLL is a “foreign function interface” (FFI), right?
>

Well, not exactly (if the meaning of FFI is: a way to call foreign
functions).  Julia Base has the @ccall macro for calling C functions.

Library_jll.jl is a standard naming for a wrapper for a specific library,
and it is usually generated by the package JLLWrappers.jl

JLL stands for DLL (dynamic link library) with the D replaced with
Julia's J, so you know that by installing a _jll package you are not
installing a pure Julia package, but a package with some binary
dependencies.

> … where I “fixed” indentation, used ‘for-each’ instead of ‘map’, and
> removed the trailing #t (it’s obsolescent).

Thanks!

> Thank you, and apologies for the delay!
>
No problem, I'll prepare next set of Julia patches then :)

Thanks, Nicolò